Thursday, February 19, 2009

Google Maps Search Tweak Shows More Results Like "CoffeeShops In Berkeley"


Google Maps went through a small tweak recently to give you more results on a search conducted on a map. Previously Google Maps showed the top 10 results of a local search conducted. Now you see more results and to make the top ten distinct, Google places map makers on them, Others are shown as dots and may be closer to you or to a place you might be visiting later.
To test the feature, I searched for Coffee in Berkeley to see coffeeshops around UC Berkeley campus. Even though I know most of these coffeeshops, yet I found a new one on my walk / bike ride to the campus. But that might not stop me from going to Peet's Coffee.
I think this will attract more business a chance to be prommianant. Advertising on maps!

Google LatLong: 1000 is the new 10

http://snapvoip.blogspot.com/

No comments: