Friday, January 16, 2009

Ad Crunch At TechCrunch.

Update: I just read the comments left on TC for this post. It is very interesting!

As any tech blogger, I have been reading TechCrunch for years. Getting news, learning how the blog world operate, getting to know about industry players and movers were part and parcel of it. But I never knew much about how they run their ads. I knew they were using Federated Media as one of the sources of advertisements.
I also remember issues they had with FM and John Battelle, whose blog I also read to learn about search engines and adnetworks.
Today Michael Arrington was wondering about if they should switch the Ad suppliers. According to the same post, most of the top bloggers like GigaOm and Sites like DIGG have left Federated Media for one or other reason.
But most interesting was the math works behind the ad network FM and it's clients like TechCrunch. I think it is a good read!
Publish Post

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hеy, I thіnk your blog might be hаvіng browѕer compatibility iѕsueѕ.

When I loοk at your blоg in Ie, it loоks fine but when opening in Ιnternet Exρlorer, іt has
some oѵerlapρing. I just wanted to give you
а quick headѕ up! Othеr then that, fantastіc blog!


my ωebsitе ... locate a bucket truck
My web page: eti bucket trucks