Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Google Yahoo Ad Deal!

Yahoo, Google Ad Campaign has met with both congregational and DOJ investigations. Microsoft after trying to acquire Yahoo earlier now crying louder saying it is anti competitive. During the Microsoft saga Yahoo tested Google ads on its network successfully. Then Microsoft said it is going to kill Google with New Ad technology but I think Google is breathing fine.

There are too many experts giving their ideas about the investigations and I think it is better for me to watch from distance. Of all the articles I read today, this gave a better perspective. But I think this is exactly how I think about the deal;

"Toyota sells its hybrid technology to General Motors, even though they are the number one and number two car manufacturers globally," Omid Kordestani, a Google senior vice president, noted in a blog post. "Canon provides laser printer engines for HP, despite also competing in the broader laser printer market. Google and Yahoo will continue to be vigorous competitors, and that competition will help fuel innovation that is good for users."

No comments: