Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Adverising! The Viral Products. TechCrunch Rides The Popularity To A Low Cost Tablet PC

Of course I have a tablet PC, no two if you count Nokia N810 as a tablet pc. The Techcrunch Tablet pc is not much different from Nokia N810 as TC is asking for "Just a Macbook Air-thin touch screen machine that runs Firefox and possibly Skype on top of a Linux kernel." The Nokia tablet has all these qualities. Perhaps TC wants a larger screen? (Yes Michael mentioned in a comment that he wants a larger screen.)
So basically they are looking for hardware to fit open source Nokia N810 platform that is available from http://maemo.org/
From the responses at the initial post and the project site (see below) this might be something to look at. Yes I am happy with my Nokia N810 but if there is a tablet with larger screen like my IBM X61, I will jump. Heck at $200 I will join the project!
If you want to contribute, the project is here. Due to large number of comments, now the comments are here.

No comments: